Experience Asheville, NC with a guided rafting tour of the French Broad River! Have fun brewery hopping in Asheville, NC while casually floating down river. Book your floating bar crawl tour online today!
Full Day Hiking Adventure
- Adult Ages 18+
- Child Ages 7-17
Cedar Rock Summit
This is a 2.5-mile hike to the summit with 1600′ of elevation gain. We will hike through the beautiful Pisgah Forest as we gain altitude. There are three sections that require easy scrambling over the rock. I will set up a rope to assist you up and down those sections. As we ascend those sections the views become breath taking. The view from the top is like a postcard. This is a hike that the general public rarely discovers. The hand lines that I will set up for you will keep the challenge to a minimum. Once we arrive at the top, we will soak in the view, eat some snacks and capture some pictures to share with your friends. The descent is a nice forest hike that does not require any ropes and offers new views. This is a 5-mile round trip hike. After the hike, we can stop at Oskar Blues brewery for a victory beer if you like!
Other things to note
- Must be physically able to hike and feel comfortable on a rock face with a rope but I have had people of all ages complete the hike.
- If it is raining, we will skip the rock section and summit from the other side.
- Please bring hiking shoes, water to drink, rain coat, snacks.
- 7 hr experience including 1 hr drive each way from Asheville.
- We meet at Walmart Parking lot: 177 Forest Gate Dr, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768. We will carpool to the trailhead from there. It is a 30 minute drive from Walmart.